Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Every Kid

This past weekend, I attended a conference for middle school teachers, principles and parents. We spent a lot of time talking about you. And what makes you tick! My biggest take away was that in order to inspire you, connect with you and find ways to teach you, I must first connect with you. Building relationships is crucial to learning.

This doesn't mean that I need to become your best friend, but it does mean that I need to make an effort to know all of you. Speak to each of you. Have a vested interested in every single one of you. I know there are many of you I barely know:

What are your passions, favorites movies, what kind of music do you listen to, favorite subject, etc.....

It can be so difficult to make these connections when on average I see more than 80 of you a day. This conference reminded how important it is that I make the effort to talk to every kid, everyday. I know, I know it is almost May! If only there more than one of me.


So what can you do to help your teachers break the ice and connect? What are some ideas you have on how to build closer student teacher relationships? Would love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment