Sunday, September 9, 2012

Early Reflections So Far

I have asked you all to take a few minutes and give me some feedback on the nature of our class so far, so as a person who believes in do as I do and not do as I say, I am going to take a few minutes to on think on the subject too.

One thing I have learned so far is that you are all very sociable and mature. Well not all of you, but for the most part I have been very impressed with the level of intensity and dedication so far. I have also learned that sometimes I talk too much, and so I am looking forward to time when you all start to pick up the pace a bit and run your own discussions at the table.

I have also learned that many of you are very talented writers who have a passion for words. This excites me to no end.

The thing I have enjoyed the most so far, is slowly getting to know you all. Watching your personalities come to life through our chats, through your blogs has been fantastic. I see you as the Sea of Teal, but slowly each of you is beginning to distinguish yourself from the crowd and this is exciting beyond belief.

It's so cool to open my reader and find a few new blog posts from people who have yet to speak in class, or to find a great new story or poem by a few of you. 

My only area for improvement is that I wish we could speed ahead a few week. Building a community takes time and trust, I get that, but I wish that we could do that more quickly. I cannot wait to watch us grow as a community through the use of The Table and these online spaces as well. Thanks for a great start to the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment