Monday, March 4, 2013

Embrace The Shake

"Embracing a limitation could actually drive creativity."

So often I hear students talking about their limitations:

"I can't do that. I am not good at that. No way, would I ever do that. I don't have the voice, the body, the skills."

But what if we chose to use are perceived limitations to our advantage? What if we focused on the things we felt we weren't good at, and chose to be creative around those very skills. Take a look at this video and meet me on the other side:


"Once I embraced the shake,  I realized I could still make art. I just had to find a different approach to making the art I needed."

So what is your shake? What is holding you back? How can you embrace your limitations to actually help you become more creative? How can you change your view to help you, "move from frustration to anticipation quickly?" 

Share your thoughts on the video or these ideas below. Would love to hear what you have to say.

You can follow Phil Hansen here and here and here oh and here. Imagine that! He has a presence on the internet,

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing, Jabiz.
    It sort of reminds me of your haikus.

    I have never done this before. Created something only to destroy it. It's a freaky thought. Mind you, I have managed to destroy many things of value in the past -- relationships, self esteem, love, health, my mind -- maybe it's all the same. Art and sanity and love and well, life. Hhhhmmm....

    Anyway, thanks for sharing. You have once again given me something to think about. Deeply.

    P

    ReplyDelete